Saturday, August 30, 2008

Autumn Tactics.

There's a crispness to the air. The sun has lost some of its fierceness, and no longer pierces my skin with the heat and violence of mid-summer. I love the feeling of sleeves pulled over my hands, of a scarf wrapped snugly and protectively around my neck. I love the certainty of solid shoes, and happily anticipate the bravery of fall boots, soles firm against wet asphalt. I adore the cocoon of my blankets as the rain pulses outside my window, a moist air cooling my face as my quilt-wrapped body nestles itself into sleep. I relish the rivulets of hot peppermint tea calming my mouth and throat, the delicious liquid pooling warmly in my stomach. On the trees outside, the leaves are on the cusp of metamorphosis, waiting for decomposition, for transition.

2 comments:

Anna Lea said...

Me too. I am so excited about fall! You say it in such lovely words that belong well etched on a wall beside a rain streaked window, but me, I'm just happy about it. Except for the peppermint tea-love it, can't drink it anymore-however-there is this fabulous lavender-lemon-mint tea that is so wonderfully delicious.

Miss Lazarus said...

Lavender-lemon-mint! Heavenly! What brand is it?